An eligible household must include at least one adult who is:
- An enrolled member of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe; or
- If residing within the Reservation Service Area, a first generation descendent of the Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe; or
- An enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe; or
- If residing within the Urban Service Area, an enrolled member of the Minnesota Chippewa Tribe.
Eligible households must also reside within one of our federally approved service areas:
- Reservation Service Area: Within one of the Minnesota counties of Aitkin, Benton, Chisago, Crow Wing, Mille Lacs, Kanabec, Morrison or Pine counties, or
- Urban Service Area: Within one of the urban Minnesota counties of Hennepin, Anoka, and Ramsey.
Financial Eligibility determines what types of services you are eligible for. It is based on the household income with specific types of income excluded. The table below reflects the 2020 U.S. Federal Poverty Guidelines. The most current Guidelines can be found here: Poverty Guidelines | ASPE (hhs.gov).